Friday, May 22, 2009

Cottage Living site

Cottage Living was a really cool magazine that was around for about 4 years. I purchased a copy that had info on refurbishing cabins and modernizing them. I'm glad I did, because the magazine isn't around anymore.

One thing I really wanted to look up on their site was info on crawlspaces (aka dirt basements, dugout foundation etc.) I have always had either no basement or a full basement (finished or unfinished). This will be my first time living with a crawl space and I'm interested to know what I'm suppose to do. Also, there are cracks in the foundation that are allowing leakage. Is there any way to patch this without replacing the entire foundation?

ADVICE REQUESTED:

What should I do about cracks in the foundation? Anything? Currently they are filled with GreatStuff.

No comments: